Northern Kentucky Water District is accepting applications for a Water Treatment Plant Operator. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2013. The job summary includes operating water treatment plants, chemical feed equipment, SCADA system and related pumping and storage equipment. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated and responsible individual who is willing to work shifts, weekends and holidays. The current opening is for third shift, 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
Some job duties include, but are not limited to:
- being responsible for the complete operation of all water treatment plants with no direct supervision;
- collecting and testing process samples to assure the safety, quality and adequacy of water produced;
- recording test results and entering data on various spreadsheets and log sheets;
- operating all plant equipment and related controls; and
- monitoring and adjusting dosages of chemical feed equipment.
Some job qualifications include, but are not limited to having a:
- Kentucky Class IVA operator’s license or the ability to obtain it within one year of eligibility;
- high school diploma;
- college degree or college courses, preferably in chemistry, biology, environmental science or another related field; and
- a valid driver’s license.
To see the full posting with a complete job qualification/ duties list, click here. To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume to the Human Resources director at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2013.