The Kentucky Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) is pleased to announce the release of the Fiscal Year 2013 Annual Report. DCA provides services that increase environmental knowledge and change behaviors. DCA improves regulatory compliance, achieves exceptional performance and enhances the quality of Kentucky’s environment and communities by:
- Certifying qualified environmental professionals;
- Helping entities comply with Kentucky’s environmental requirements; and
- Facilitating environmental stewardship.
Despite budget cuts, staff turnover and economic uncertainty, the programs within the division were able to accomplish a great deal through the dedication and hard work of the DCA staff. Some highlights from 2013 include:
- developing self-paced learning modules for the Environmental Compliance Assistance Program that allow people to access information from their desktop;
- laying the foundation to fund the first brownfield cleanup projects through the Kentucky Brownfield Redevelopment Program’s Revolving Loan Fund;
- working with distilleries to gather information for the KY EXCEL Sustainable Spirits Best Management Practices Manual;
- enhancing electronic applications for the Certification Program;
- presenting the first annual Steve Crosman Award for Outstanding Environmental Professionalism for service above and beyond of what is required of an operator;
- recognizing high school students who express environmental concepts through their artwork by awarding the Eco-Art Awards; and
- publicizing voluntary environmental efforts and leadership by individuals, businesses and organizations through the Department for Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Environmental Excellence Awards.
The 2013 Division of Compliance Assistance Annual Report and all previous annual reports can be found at: http://dca.ky.gov/Pages/AnnualReport.aspx.